Monday, November 10, 2008

"Thank God It's You. You Know, Your Timing Is Impeccable"

There is nothing like the hearing the exact song that you want to hear at the exact moment you want to hear it. It happened to me tonight; I was hanging out with one of my friends when I got a serious craving for fried food. We trekked to the grill and were sitting at one of the tables enjoying our orders and laughing about random stuff when all of the sudden, it came on - the song. The one song that my subconscious had been dying to hear, streaming from the speakers of the crappy grill radio with the aluminum foil-wrapped antennae.

The song was "Jackie Blue" by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. Cool, mellow with an edge, a little sassy, a little sad. The perfect mix of blue. Here's a video of it for you:



P.S. - Check out that sweet slide on the guitar.

2 comments:

Stephanie Z said...

"Jackie Blue" is such a good song!

This is a good start to a music blog. Kudos!

Cheers

Courting the Muse said...

Thanks Steph! It means a lot to me that you're reading it.