Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I Will Follow You Into the Dark"

Okay, I'm giving in to my psyche. This song has been in my head all day, so I thought I'd share it with you:

I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

I have to admit that I am a hit or miss Death Cab fan. I'm not sure what it is - sometimes they are broodingly lovely; other times, they are just too fucking emo for me to handle.


I love this song, though. It is so odd, and yet, so incredibly romantic. When you think about it, it speaks of such...devotion. And since none of us really knows what we will find when that time comes, it really is a comforting notion to imagine having a hand to hold when it does.

Augh, I think the wine is making me all sappy.


P.S. - I know, I know, the image is Sigur Ros, but don't you think it kind of fits?

1 comment:

Stephanie Z said...

What's interesting is that I was just listening to this song when I looked at your blog. I do really like "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" beacause it is comforting. My favorite line is the one with Heaven and Hell illuminating the No's on their vacancy signs. Such a good image.

You're completely right about Death Cab being hit or miss though. I have two other songs by them: "Soul Meets Body" and "We Looked Like Giants" and neither of them are as good, in my opinion.