Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pandora's Box



Hi all,

Unfortunately, I have little time to write this, but I wanted to get in a post for the day. Please excuse the brevity.

Have you heard of Pandora? It's an internet radio streamer that allows you to cater what you hear to what you like. You type in the name of a song or artist who's style you like, and the radio will play songs by that artist and other artists that have similar musical features. I'll do a more detailed post later about online music players, but that's the general gist.

Anyway, in response to Pandora's "music genome project," I thought I'd do a little project of my own. Over the next few days, I'm going to try to collect a list of favorite stations, best stations for certain moods, etc from those of you who have Pandora. I'd love it if you could leave your response as a comment, but I'll probably also be doing a little "in-the-field" polling. Hopefully, by the end, I'll have a nice pool of stations that we can all sample and broaden our musical knowledge with. Afterall, nothing is more frustrating than opening up Pandora and drawing a blank. (Who do I type...what artist do I like enough to hear a whole station of them?...What artist do I LIKE? Do I have any musical taste at all?! Augh!) Okay, so maybe it's not quite that dramatic.

No comments: