Monday, February 2, 2009

The Haunting



I found it.

The song. The song that has been playing on loop in the back of my mind like an embarrassing memory. It has become that word on the tip of my tongue, that itch that I can't reach. I heard it on Last.fm a while ago and for some reason didn't think to write it down, completely naive to the fact that it would HAUNT ME FOR WEEKS.

...and then, the other night, I was minding my own business, streaming Last.fm in the background, when the first few notes snuck unassumingly from my computer speakers. My breath stuck in my throat and I was caught in a moment of stasis, frozen in anticipation, too afraid to move and break the spell.

"Can I call you if I'm back in town? Leave a message when I'm --"

but the rest of the phrase was drowned out by my exaggerated GASP. It's the same one that happens whenever I hear a song I particularly like or hear the song that I want to hear at the moment I want to hear it (those of you who know me are probably quite familiar with this phenomenon).

Scribbling the name of the song and artist on my hand, I sat back and listened blissfully for the rest of the song.

The song was "Shade of a Shadow" by Teitur. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I did (full song):

Shade Of A Shadow - Teitur

No comments: