Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Morning!

A/N: I know that my posts have been kind of sporadic of late, but now Courting the Muse will resume its regular schedule.

It has been a beautiful morning. Woke up early, had a big breakfast, got a new ID so it no longer has a huge crack in it, came back to the room and am now drinking coffee listening to music and blogging. Heaven.

Those of you who don't know better might assume that I'm a morning person, and to be honest, I feel like one today. Nothing could be further from the truth, though. For you who, like me, usually find getting out of bed in the morning to be a Herculean feat, here are a few songs that will hopefully put a little get up and go into your morning routines.

I also find that it's really pleasant to wake up to classical music. (My alarm is set to NPR) www.npr.org has a station finder that will help you find a station in your area.

P.S. - Don't forget to give some input on the changes you'd like to see in the blog in 2009. I'm not ashamed to beg.

"Daydream Believer," The Monkees (full song)
Mellow and sweet.

Daydream Believer - Monkees

"Here Comes the Sun," The Beatles (full song)
The classic optimistic, start your day kind of song.

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun.mp3 -

"Catch My Disease," Ben Lee (full song)
One of my favorites from Mr. Lee.

Catch My Disease - Ben Lee

"Here It Goes Again," OKGo (full song)
Treadmill dancing optional.

Here It Goes Again - OK Go

"She's Fantastic," Sondre Lerche (full song)
This song has a really cheery guitar riff.

Shes Fantastic - Sondre Lerche And The Faces Down

"Sunrise," Norah Jones (clip)
As pretty as an autumn morning.

Norah Jones - Sunrise :)

"Mr. Blue Sky," Electric Light Orchestra (full song)
If this doesn't get you going, nothing will.

Mr. Blue Sky (Album Version) - Electric Light Orchestra

No comments: