Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blather, Blather, Little Blog



Scarring Party review to come, but I simply do not have the energy right now. (However, hint: they were awesome)

I will soon be embarking on a quest for new music. As I kind of alluded to in previous posts, I would like to implement a new season for Courting the Muse...

What that entails, I'm not exactly sure as of yet, but a few changes will be made (it's not too late to make a suggestion for The Muse's New Year's resolutions) and some new music will be explored. Although I'll still probably include some old favorites (after all, what is old to one could be new to another), I would like to do a little risk taking to see if I can uncover any gems. Besides, indies like me love to be cutting edge, right?

I guess that's one of the reasons why my musical style is so...random. Indie and oldies are my two top genres, which is really quite contradictory when you think about it: cutting edge vs. classic; obscure vs. mainstream...I'm like a musical grab bag, really. (P.S. - ever seen those "surprise" bags at the Dollar Store? You know, the ones that probably contain socks or something, but still manage to retain an air of (sketchy) mystery?) Woah, speaking of random...

Anyway, I've started a music fund (which right now, I think is at about 72 cents), I'm going to be better about keeping up with other music blogs, I'll maybe start making more trips the the APL and going to more shows and in general, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open.

Far from trying to be one of those music snobs who heard everything before you did, I'm not aiming to be obscure for the sake of being obscure. I would just like to maybe find and share a few things that have fallen through the cracks or haven't yet gained the appreciation they deserve.

No comments: