Thursday, December 4, 2008

Safety Dance

Stop. Stop everything. Drop what you're doing and...dance.

That's right, I said dance.

Doesn't have to be good, doesn't have to involve music, doesn't have to be for anybody but yourself.

Sitting in front of computers or at desks, in the library getting progressively more depressed by the sickly glow of florescent lights, trapped in tiny practice rooms, or wherever you are, I know you need this. By this point in the week stress has probably built up to the point that your body is a bundle of nerves and all that pent up energy is bouncing around inside you like pinballs.

So, loosen up those muscles, forget about Tenth Week for a moment and have a little (gasp) fun. Here are a few songs to get you started:

"Play That Funky Music," Wild Cherry
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry

"Hey Ya!," Outkast
Hey Ya - OutKast

"Sexy Back," Justin Timberlake
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl?," Jet
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

"Love Stoned," Justin Timberlake
Love Stoned - Justin Timberlake

2 comments:

Stephanie Z said...

Aw yeah! Dancing during 10th week feels so great. This is the song that has been carrying me through the week. Note: I recommend not watching the video (it gets quite bloody)... just listen.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2u-wSvOZ8

I think the base and the rhythm is amazing. Oh and yes, it's another drug song... you know me!

Steph

Courting the Muse said...

Woah, that's intense. Glad you found a motivational song, though. We should have a dance party some time soon, too.