Monday, March 2, 2009

"We'll go dancing in the dark, walking through the park and reminiscing"

I thought I would revisit some old friends. Most of these songs are from artists that I got into in high school or my early college years. Somehow, as I find my almost graduated self coming out on the other side of this weird ride that is the educational system, such songs from the past are like life preservers in a sea of many uncertainties.

"Dead Passengers," Sondre Lerche (full song)
I feel almost like Lerche and I have grown up together, even though we've never met. His music has carried me through teen angst, college stress, emotional meltdowns and the like. Conversely, I have witnessed his transition from a gangly, young indie singer-songwriter to sophisticated, cross-genre musician.


Dead Passengers - Sondre Lerche

"Run," Snow Patrol (full song)
I discovered Snow Patrol my freshman year of college. There is a somewhat dorky reason why I like this song so much, which I won't share. If you were around then, you probably know what I'm talking about.


Run - Snow Patrol

"Yellow," Coldplay (full song)
I sang this song in my high school POPS concert senior year. It was actually kind of a fluke. I waited too long to find musicians to accompany me, so I asked my friends who were in a band together what they knew how to play. Turns out, it was this song, and turns out, I became deeply connected with it.


Yellow - Coldplay

"Seven Nation Army," The White Stripes (full song)
I thought that The White Stripes were the shit in high school. This song was a favorite.


Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

No comments: